|Managing Director||Cardiff||£90,000 to £110,000|
|Technical & Engineering||Vax-15085||Nigel Hyde|
Salary from £90,000 to £110,000 per annum
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Director with an Engineering background to join an innovative and already successful Toolmaking business in the South Wales area as their new Managing Director. This client is recognised as a family owned business, with a current workforce of circa 100 highly skilled, technically gifted employees! They are now looking for a Managing Director to take over the demanding, but rewarding task of running the company due to pending retirement.
The main purpose of the Managing Director’s position is to direct all technical and commercial activities carried out by a skilled workforce, while guiding sales from initial enquiry through to the successful completion of projects, leading effectively to repeat business.
The role of Managing Director requires the person to have a commercial eye for opportunity, combined with the ability to make swift but calculated decisions regarding new and current business. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate these skills united with a strong background in challenging engineering, manufacturing or toolmaking environments.
The successful Managing Director will need to bring the following to the role:
- Hold suitable engineering qualifications with a practical/engineering bias
- A background in toolmaking, manufacturing or engineering with management experience
- Possess several years’ relevant technical experience
- Hold a commercial and sales background
- Be highly innovative and creative
- Problem solving and decision making ability, whilst under pressure
- Understanding and willingness to continue a family run business ethic
- Willing to work in unison with directors and shareholders
- Passionate, with the ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm in others
- Be capable of balancing profit and growth whilst contributing kindly to the community
- Display an enthusiastic and positive image in all dealings with potential and existing customers
If successful you will be required to balance the need to meet strict customer requirements against the need for profitability, and calculated growth of the company. You will not only effectively direct the activities of others including overseeing all technical work not limited to planning, estimating, designing and budgetary control, but also be capable of continuing the work ethic and family run attributes the company is currently known and recognised for.