|Technical & Engineering||PV-14839-HS||Hannah Smith|
- Location : Glenrothes
- Shifts : Days
- Salary : Circa £30,000
- Start Date : ASAP!
- Other : Relocation packages available!
A well-established plastics injection moulding company is looking for an experienced toolmaker. You will work in a modern well-equipped Tool Room on plastic injection mould tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Time served or apprentice trained Toolmaker.
- Proven post apprenticeship experience in a similar mould toolmaking position.
- Ideally you will be an experienced Engineering professional with a ‘hands on’ background working in a plastics manufacturing-based environment.
- The successful applicant should have a track record in Toolmaking and preferably experience of plastic injection mould tools.
- CNC/CAD-CAM and/or EDM experience essential.
- Knowledge of CNC Milling & spark erosion would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills in tooling & moulding.
- In addition to the required professional and technical expertise, candidates will be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work, and solve problems, on their own initiative.
- The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, with sound commercial judgement, and determined to meet or exceed targets.
- Manufacturing and assembling of new plastic injection mould tools using a full range of Tool Room equipment from detailed customer drawings or 3D Models.
- Utilising CNC, spark erosion and wire erosion equipment.
- Supporting the manufacture and validation of new tooling and ensuring the appropriate standard and quality of work is delivered.
- Delivering estimated timelines. Planning, executing and completing all activities related to mould tooling.
- Working with Operations Director on new tooling, plus supporting the Production team in technical assessment of tooling issues.
- Actively participating in, and facilitating, continuous improvements and modifications to tooling and production methods.
- Carrying out own inspection on tooling.
- Maintaining tooling standards, including tooling strip down and diagnosis for repair.
- Monitoring the condition of the tool room equipment to appropriate standards.
- Preventative maintenance of tooling.
Complete tool reports, maintain spare parts system and work with external providers to order required materials.